The New Year’s Resolution – the Girl Scout Promise and Law



With the New Year approaching, many of us are thinking about making New Year’s resolutions. What are some of things you are going to resolve to do in the coming year?  Maybe get fit, eat healthier foods, volunteer, or save some money. These are all popular resolutions according to USA.gov’s Popular New Year’s Resolutions. This year, I plan on making a resolution that is slightly different… I am going to resolve to uphold the Girl Scout Promise and Law in my everyday life. 

The Promise and Law can relate to everyday life. For example “to respect myself and others;” if I am respecting myself, I am making healthier life choices, whether eating healthier, exercising, or getting some rest and “me time”. If I am “using my resources wisely” I might be spending my money wisely and saving money for future goals.  If I am resolving “to help people at all time” and to “make the world a better place” I could be volunteering. 

As Girl Scouts, let’s make it our New Year’s resolution to hold ourselves to the Girl Scout Promise and Law. If you follow the Promise and Law in your everyday life… it will be difficult to go wrong.






The Girl Scout Promise
On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.

The Girl Scout Law
I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
and to
respect myself and others,
respect authority,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Sit-Upon Using a Reusable Shopping Bag

How To...Tie a Girl Scout Scarf

Working at a Girl Scout Camp by Maggie Robinson