Girl Scouts Game On!



By Amritha J., Girl Scout Junior 

I just got home from the best Girl Scouting event EVER!!! It was called DELL’S GIRL SCOUTS GAME ON. Girl Scouts from all over came to check out DELL’s new game for Girl Scouts, Be the Video Game Designer.

Be the Video Game Designer allows girls (and boys if they’d like) to create a video game of their own with a few simple applications and clicks of a button. I was able to choose a character, title, setting, etc. and  I put them together, to build the main pieces of a video game. I learned how to change the game script to make it harder or easier to play.  Once I was done creating my game, I was able to play the game and share it with friends and relatives.

The great part about this program was how it inspired me. Since this game was supposed to show girls how to make a video game, I saw a really great, new way on how to solve problems.

MY HOPES!

There are so many issues with our world that need to be solved and can be resolved! A problem that I think is really important and that I think needs to be taken care of is bullying. I am pretty sure that almost everybody has been bullied at least once in their life and wasn’t very happy with it. I think with the right pieces, we can create a video game that shows what a horrible thing bullying is and put a stop to it.

Also, I think there should be a way for us to create a video game that helps people learn how to read and write. I come from a family that is from one of the many third world countries and I’ve gone there to visit family. When I was there, I saw lots of people struggling to get by. Most of them had homes, but very few had an education. Though most were poor, almost every single person had at a cell phone. This is the great thing that could help us! Since most have cell phones, we can create an app for phones that is a lot of fun, but also educational! As the person plays, they are learning  fundamentals like reading, writing and spelling.

Girls can learn coding and make this all come alive! This could end problems that are just waiting to be ended! I can’t wait to see what will happen in the lives of girls in the coming years. This is Amritha signing off for now. LET’S GO GIRL SCOUTS!
                               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Sit-Upon Using a Reusable Shopping Bag

How To...Tie a Girl Scout Scarf

Working at a Girl Scout Camp by Maggie Robinson