Mags&Munchies! By Guest Blogger Fran McAllister

Fran McAllister, Team Manager Program Promotion
It’s hard to believe that fall is here already.  If you’re like me, a busy working mom, you’re already thinking of your holiday shopping.  To make my life easier, every year I take advantage of the Girl Scout Mags&Munchies product sales.  I purchase magazines, nuts and candies for my family, friends, hair stylist, children’s teachers, and our bus driver.  Not only are they great gifts, but they’re reasonably priced.  I can give something to everyone without breaking the bank.

My family looks forward to receiving all of their favorites and with 15 different products to choose from, there’s something for everyone. This year they even have a gluten-free product, Blueberry Pomegranate nut crunch.

I always give the teachers a tin, but this year there is an old fashioned schoolhouse tin with delicious chocolate covered pretzels that is perfect for a teacher and our bus driver too.

I have a neighbor who was a Girl Scout and I know that she’s going to love the 100th Anniversary Girl Scout suitcase tin. It celebrates Girl Scouting from 1912 to the present. Plus, inside is yummy toffee popcorn with cashews and cranberries.

As a matter of fact, I always buy a few extra tins just in case someone drops by unexpectedly with a gift or I need something to bring with me to a party.  I’ve even used it as a grab bag gift for my kids.

I also like giving magazine subscriptions as gifts.  It encourages my children to read and it’s a gift that they receive all throughout the year.  There are over 600 different types of magazines, so it’s easy to find something for everyone.  My niece just had a baby, so I’ll send her Parenting, and this year there’s a special deal and for just a few dollars more she’ll also get Woman’s Day.

The best part is, not only do Mags&Munchies items make great gifts for the holiday season, but, they supporting my daughter’s Troop and our Council plus I save time and money that is truly a win-win for me!

I also like to spread some goodwill by contributing to Operation Stop Hunger.  For every $5 donation, the Girl Scouts will send a can of nuts or candy to Island Harvest. And this year I can give a $5 donation to Project Thank You to purchase a magazine voucher that goes toward sending a free subscription to the Disabled American Veterans.

I’m already putting together my order since the sale ends on November 1st. 
If you’re interested in ordering products or want more information about the Mags& Munchies Program, please contact Sonia Oxford at Girl Scouts of Nassau County at oxfords@gsnc.org.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Sit-Upon Using a Reusable Shopping Bag

How To...Tie a Girl Scout Scarf

Working at a Girl Scout Camp by Maggie Robinson